Today’s blog topic is the fourth in our series courtesy of Income Diary’s Michael Dunlop[i] and is perhaps the most familiar and popular means of monetizing your website.
Tip #4 Selling Advertising Space which results to the following pros…[ii]
- Often guaranteed income.
- Little effort to monetize.
- Saves you a lot of time.
- Great way to connect with others in your industry.
- Takes away from user experience.
- If you set a set price per month, you can’t make any more even if you double your traffic.
- Advertisers come and go, you have to spend time editing, adding, deleting and finding more advertisers.
- People know they are ads and won’t click on them.
Two Ways To Go About It
If this is the route you wish to choose, there are a couple ways to go:
- Do the digging and work with advertisers personally, as in, yourself.
- Hire someone who can do the job of bringing advertisers to your website, for a cut.
Michael Dunlop does it himself so he gets paid more, he is able to build personal partnerships/grow his network, and inspires him to do a better job for his advertisers.
Although making money from advertising is just a small portion of monetizing a website, it’s a revenue stream that can be relied on for monthly income generation.
Google and Selling Advertising Space
Be warned, Google is very good at policing ads so make sure your ads happen organically, is related to your website and makes absolute sense for the ads to be found on your site.
Be wary as well of the practice of buying and selling text links.
Website owners buy text links because Google rank sites better based on quantity and quality of links. When you link to someone, you are telling search engines that you trust this site and you are giving them some of your authority. When you buy/sell links just because you want to have revenue, this search engine will punish you by slapping your site down in the rankings.[iv]
Is your website ready to accommodate advertising? Don’t know how and where to begin?
We’re here to get you started.
We’ve the system to set you up.
Then, let’s see how we can hook you up with advertisers.
Talk, message or call Hive Manila. @hivemanilaph on facebook and messenger | firstname.lastname@example.org | +63915 664 88 90